The Africa College of Insurance and Social Protection (ACISP) had a humble beginning. It was set up in 2020 as an initiative idea of a Pan African College that will provide a platform for an ongoing collaborative relationship between scholars, scientists, academicians and industry specialists to guide and steer the development of the insurance and social protection sector in Africa. It was also meant to fill the gap between Academia and Industry through provision of practical and tailor courses using combined local, regional and international pool of practitioners as trainers. The College remains to be the pioneer and only Pan African training institution serving the Africa for the training needs of insurance and Social Protection sectors, it has also demonstrated sensitivity to the broad range of needs of the Africa financial services sector in general.
The College is striving to bring a new guidance and leadership to the mankind and share innovative ideas so as to build preference for the industry players and the consumers. ACISP welcomes ground-breaking thoughts from all around the world to support the development of new concepts and novel ideas in the field of social protection, insurance, leadership and actuarial science. Africa College of Insurance & Social Protection (ACISP) is a registered institution based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The registered Office is located in Masaki Area, Plot No. 99, Toure Drive, Sea Cliff Road. The College idea was conceived by Founders and Directors who are globally renowned professionals in Insurance and Social Protection.
Functions of the College
The main functions of the College are managing and bridging the gaps between know-how and practices, and creating assistance from various experts and researchers within the industry through long- and short-term courses, conduct research on socio-economic issues and disseminate the information through seminars, workshops, journal articles and conferences within Africa and beyond.
Objectives of the College
- Developing and delivering short-term competence-based learning programs and provide a set of systematic and series of courses that are proven to help people advance their leadership qualities and skills.
- Improve qualifications of people through trainings, seminars, workshops and conferences in insurance, social protection, leadership and financial services sectors with primary objectives of changing mindsets rather than injecting lots of information into people’s minds.
- Acquaint and provide a common platform for mutual consultation through invitations to deliver speeches and exchange experiences aiming to dissolve differences and learn from each other.
- Conduct Research and Consultancy service in the design, administration, and management of insurance products, financial services and leadership.
- To actively recruit, support and train volunteers to engage in financial services and insurance products sales and development.
- To promote leadership and professional ethics in the life of people, and to help develop leadership qualities through systematic and holistic development of the character and skills.
- Disseminate and publish different information, research finding reports and news as a way of creating insurance, social protection and ethical leadership awareness to stakeholders and general public.
Governance Structure of the College
The management of the College is vested to the Board of Directors. However, day to day operations of the College are overseen by the College Principal. The management structure comprises of four (4) Directorates and five (5) thematic professional centers, namely;
- Directorate of Admission and Marketing
- Directorate of Finance and Administrations
- Directorate of Research, Consultancy and International Relations
- Directorate of Training and Academics
- Centre for Advanced Leadership in Insurance and Finance
- Centre for Inclusive Insurance, Strategy and Economics
- Centre for Innovation, Data, Digital Platforms and global Learning
- Centre for Reinsurance, Complex Risk, Climate and New Frontiers
- Centre for Social Protection, Investment and Governance.